Crash Course: Judicial Review,
Watch and Write 10: Judicial Review
After watching the video, “Crash Course: Judicial Review,” answer the following questions. It will be helpful for you to take notes while you watch the video.
1. How does Craig define judicial review?
2. What are two reasons the Supreme Court doesn’t invalidate congressional statutes on a regular basis?
3. What are the two real powers Craig says the Supreme Court has?
4. Where can we find the power of judicial review in the US Constitution? Where does it originate?
5. How does judicial review potentially violate the principle of separation of powers?